Petals and Props Photography Workshop
Do you love flowers, photography and sharing your photos on Instagram? Would you like to improve your photo gallery and connect with quality followers? Are you looking for inspiration for your still life photos? If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, this workshop is for you! Spend a few days with a small group of creative souls and learn tips and tricks to succeed on Instagram, arrange UrbanStems gorgeous flowers, style with fabulous Made on 23rd Linens and vintage props, and learn new photo techniques to take creative photos for your social media in a gorgeous custom barn in the picturesque setting of Vancouver, Washington.
Petals and Props Photography Workshop
3-Day Workshop, September 13-15 ~ Floral and Prop Styling, Content Ideas, Natural Light iPhone/Camera Vignettes, Tips and Tricks to create a Strong Instagram with Individual Coaching. $50 Early Bird Discount until August 31st.
Who should attend: Small business owners, makers, florists, interior designers, bloggers or anyone who wants to improve their Instagram and give a creative kick to their social media content. If this is your first workshop or you have done this before, everyone will feel comfortable and welcome!
What to expect: This is a workshop where you can practice and photograph your own floral and still life vignettes. While this is primarily focused on florals, this workshop will help you translate new skills into best representing and photographing your brand. See flowers, props or your products in a new light. Learn how to style with UrbanStems flowers, use linens and vintage props, discover new content ideas to create a strong Instagram, discuss camera, apps, and Lightroom tips, make connections with new friends and receive individual coaching. The workshop will go light on the tech talk, but will focus more on creative stying to take your social photos to the next level.
An overview of the workshop:
- Create a floral design with UrbanStems flowers and also learn how to utilize the same flowers to create a variety of content for Instagram
- Selecting props and tell your story
- Photo styling for social media
- Lighting tips and using natural light
- Fabrics and Linens
- Choosing angles, crops and focal depths to best showcase a variety of subjects
- Creating depth and texture
- Step by step shot set-up and execution
- Lightroom and editing apps (overview)
- Instagram Tips and Tricks
Join Jamie Jamison (@alajamie) as she shares her techniques for still life styling with flowers and provides many tips and tricks to succeed on Instagram. You will create floral arrangements and vignettes, work with fabulous props and learn how to be a visual story teller. The goal is to learn practical skills as well as have time to enjoy the process of photography and connect with others. At the completion of the workshop, you should have new ideas to tell your brand story in still life photos.
Location: The beautiful property and custom barn of Deb Spofford and Made on 23rd. This new barn has warmth, charm and of course amazing light that is the perfect setting to take gorgeous photos. We will set up vignettes inside and outside (weather permitting). Enjoy a weekend in this magical place that is just a short drive from Portland in Vancouver, WA.
- Flowers, vessels and still life props such as ceramics, linen, glassware and fresh fresh produce and baked goods for use during the workshop.
- Beverages (water, coffee and a little wine), breakfast, a lunch and light snacks (please advise if you have any dietary requirements)
- All learning material will be provided as printouts during the session.
- Private Facebook Page before and after the workshop.
You should bring:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes (very casual).
- Your camera, phone, computer and CHARGERS!
- A tripod, but this is not essential. One will be available.
- A few of YOUR favorite small props. Bring your products, artwork a memento, book, letters or anything that is special to you.
If you want to add a creative boost to your Instagram, this is the workshop for you!
Meet, greet and let’s get started 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. Enjoy casual gathering and get to know fellow attendees. We will have a presentation about Succeeding on Instagram and talk about individual social media goals all while we enjoy some small bites and beverages.
Breakfast: 8-9 Coffee, juice, baked goods and fruit and set up.
Floral arranging and prop styling: 9-noon
Discussion of flowers and everyone will create a floral arrangement from Urban Stems to photograph. Selection of props, backgrounds and styling tips.
Lunch: 12- 1
Fun with photos in the good light 1-5 p.m. Enjoy the afternoon shooting several Urban Stems arrangements in natural light. We will look at how to get started, styling, using natural light and prop choices to you can create your own set-ups. Additional vignettes of flowers and props will be placed throughout the barn to play and style. Individual coaching will be provided throughout the day.
Happy Hour and Chat
- Take a break and we will talk about Lightroom, presets, apps and workflow.
Breakfast 8-9 Coffee, juice, baked goods and fruit.
Photo Review: 9-10 Round table discussion and review of your top 3 favorite photos.
Final photos, questions, connections: 10-12
Take a few more photos, ask questions, and share your information with the group to connect in the future.
Portland International Airport (PDX)
(20 Minutes to the Barn)
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SeaTac)
(3 hour drive to the Barn)
The Holiday Inn Express Salmon Creek
(About 10 minutes from the Barn)
The Heathman Lodge (PNW flair)
Located in central Vancouver close to the Mall
(About 15 minutes from the Barn)
The Hilton Vancouver, WA
Located downtown Vancouver by Esther Short Park
(About 20 minutes to the barn)
Copyright © 2019 · Jamie Jamison. Inquire.