Who should attend: Small business owners, makers, florists, interior designers, bloggers or anyone who wants to improve their Instagram and give a creative kick to their social media content. If this is your first workshop or you have done this before, everyone will feel comfortable and welcome!
What to expect: This is a workshop where you can practice and photograph your own floral and still life vignettes. While this is primarily focused on florals, this workshop will help you translate new skills into best representing and photographing your brand. See flowers, props or your products in a new light. Learn how to style with UrbanStems flowers, use linens and vintage props, discover new content ideas to create a strong Instagram, discuss camera, apps, and Lightroom tips, make connections with new friends and receive individual coaching. The workshop will go light on the tech talk, but will focus more on creative stying to take your social photos to the next level.
An overview of the workshop:
- Create a floral design with UrbanStems flowers and also learn how to utilize the same flowers to create a variety of content for Instagram
- Selecting props and tell your story
- Photo styling for social media
- Lighting tips and using natural light
- Fabrics and Linens
- Choosing angles, crops and focal depths to best showcase a variety of subjects
- Creating depth and texture
- Step by step shot set-up and execution
- Lightroom and editing apps (overview)
- Instagram Tips and Tricks
Join Jamie Jamison (@alajamie) as she shares her techniques for still life styling with flowers and provides many tips and tricks to succeed on Instagram. You will create floral arrangements and vignettes, work with fabulous props and learn how to be a visual story teller. The goal is to learn practical skills as well as have time to enjoy the process of photography and connect with others. At the completion of the workshop, you should have new ideas to tell your brand story in still life photos.
Location: The beautiful property and custom barn of Deb Spofford and Made on 23rd. This new barn has warmth, charm and of course amazing light that is the perfect setting to take gorgeous photos. We will set up vignettes inside and outside (weather permitting). Enjoy a weekend in this magical place that is just a short drive from Portland in Vancouver, WA.
- Flowers, vessels and still life props such as ceramics, linen, glassware and fresh fresh produce and baked goods for use during the workshop.
- Beverages (water, coffee and a little wine), breakfast, a lunch and light snacks (please advise if you have any dietary requirements)
- All learning material will be provided as printouts during the session.
- Private Facebook Page before and after the workshop.
You should bring:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes (very casual).
- Your camera, phone, computer and CHARGERS!
- A tripod, but this is not essential. One will be available.
- A few of YOUR favorite small props. Bring your products, artwork a memento, book, letters or anything that is special to you.
If you want to add a creative boost to your Instagram, this is the workshop for you!